Thursday 28 January 2016

Enamor by Veronica Larsen

Synopsis from Amazon:

The first step in solving a problem is recognizing there's one to begin with. Here's mine. My new roommate is a conceited, womanizing jerk. He pushes my buttons and drives me so crazy I want to strangle him daily.

There's a million reasons why I should stay far away from him, the most obvious of which being that I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. Except that I don't hate him. 

It's a reckless game we're playing, treading the edge of an attraction so intense it might as well be a grenade.


My review:

This book was enjoyable, although it was a story that was quite familiar to me as it had similarities to a book I’ve read few year ago.

Julia and Giles are the ultimate I-hate-you-roomies. But they are also both very aware of the attraction between them and they both try to hide it. So they go on playing pranks on each other until the last prank goes sour.

But somehow it makes them closer and they became best friends (without benefits). They both want to cross the line, but they are both afraid of it. Giles doesn’t do relationships and Julia doesn’t do casual. They both want different things.

They have secrets they are ashamed of, but they have each other and the blossoming of the relationship between them was just lovely. It was nice to read a book where a relationship blossoms from a proper, deep, adult friendship.

Thank you to Netgalley for access to this book in return for an honest review.


My score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment