Monday 3 April 2017

My Daddy The Serial Killer by Cindy Kovacik

Synopsis:

Katelyn Deason was young, naive, and innocent at six years old.

That is, until she made the mistake of descending those cellar steps and viewing the first of many horrors down below.

You see, her father wasn't who she thought he was. He wasn't the loving and "normal" daddy that all the other kids had. He was very different.

She soon realizes how different as the years pass and unspeakable things begin to happen.

Will Katelyn be able to cling to her sanity after witnessing all of Daddy's horrors?


My review:

I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect from this novel and I must admit I wasn’t expecting it to be so evolved. It follows Katelyn from six years old when she first sees a woman tied to a chair ready for to be tortured by Katelyn’s father.

From then on the book follows Katelyn’s live and her adaption to the life her daddy serves up never having any friends until she’s a full grown teenager; then quickly following a life of drugs, sex and self-distraction.

What is intriguing is the complicated psychology of the relationship between a damaged child and her murderous father. They continue to play a game of cat and mouse throughout the book with Katelyn losing at nearly every corner.

This is certainly a book that will stay on my mind. It is very cleverly written with a real insight into a child’s mind.

A massive thanks you goes to the author for giving me access to this.

My rating: 4/5

Available to purchase from:

No comments:

Post a Comment