Wednesday 5 February 2020

The Last Bell by Lana Melyan (The Weight of Magic #6)


Synopsis:

While we deal with our personal drama, another problem knocks on the door.
As the Order starts tracking the Callahan bloodline all over again, they find their way to River Stones.

In an attempt to keep me safe, Gran makes a decision to move out. Her decision is based on two reasons.

First, she is afraid someone from the Order might recognise her. It will make it obvious that I am Callahan, and that's why she needs to stay away from me.

And the second: Nate is the only one who can protect me, and she wants him to move in so he can be next to me day and night.

Will the Order find me? I wish that was the only thing I had to worry about.

Review:

Onto number six in this fab novella series and things are quickly moving on and into a more dangerous territory.

After their little victory in book five and with the sword being nearly ready, our group of heroes try to relax and behave like a group on normal young adults. However, as always, somebody has a different plan and there is no time to stand still.

I think the only thing that slightly went against the grain with this one was Nicki and Nate’s relationship at the start of the book. I felt it was wasting a bit of time and reminded me too much of Twilight books and that has been done too many times now in various genres. I do like their relationship and how much more mature is has made them both, so I felt the start was unnecessary.

Working past that, the story was fast paced, exciting and sad and I am looking forward to finding out where the road leads next.

Thank you very much to the author and TBConFB for this book.

Rating: 4/5

Available from:

No comments:

Post a Comment