Monday 9 December 2019

The Family Tree by Lana Melyan (The Weight of Magic #4)


Synopsis:

New Orleans. That's the place where magic happens. But I’m not here to do magic. I need to keep a low profile. I'm here to find out more about my parents' life and check out their house, which I never knew existed.

In my dad’s study, I discover a crucial piece of information. There’s a man out there who can identify me and sell me out to the Order. Will we be able to find and stop him before he puts the mission and all of us in grave danger?

At the same time, I bump into one of those things Gran and Sam once warned me about regarding Nate’s life. Things that happened before he met me, which he hoped I would never come across.

Well, we hope for a lot of things.

Review:

Fourth book in the Weight of Magic series and I feel like the story is starting to move on nicely. All the characters are growing within their magical powers and we are starting to find out more about their mission and what needs to be done.

Nicki and Nate’s relationship has its ups and downs and I feel that for me that’s the only stumbling block in these books as I feel like their teenage-ish behaviour and irrationality takes my focus away from the real story here.

This book has also taken the series to a darker level with the introduction of new characters and I am looking forward to finding out what more is in store for us.

Thank you very much to the author and TBConFB for this book.

Rating: 3/5

Available from:

No comments:

Post a Comment